how is everyone doing? i'm good and real happy. i hope you do too. :)
yesterday was my brother, Ken's 21st birthday! yeah!!!!! he finally reached the age of his manhood, this is also the year that his epiphysis stops growing.
NOTE: epiphysis- growth centers in bones, responsible for your height.
i was tasked by mom to cook one of his favorite dishes.
these are pork steak, buttered vegetables, and fries plus home made gravy.
(for pork steak)
-pork, you can ask your local meat shops to cut the pork well..ahmm..pork steaks. i believe they you it already!
-salt and pepper for seasoning.
(for buttered veggies)
-2 carrots, diced
-green beans, diced
-1 can of kernel corn
(gravy from scratch)
-Knorr Beef Cubes
- i started with seasoning the pork steak with salt and pepper.
- leave it to marinate for about 15-20 minutes, this time will be enough to cook the veggies.
- dice and cube the washed/pealed carrots and green beans.
- heat the pan. add a little oil, then put in the butter. i love butter so i did put in a lot! its about a quarter of a small block.
- drop in the carrots first.
- after 5 minutes add the green beans and corn.
- saute for a couple of more minutes.
(for pork steak)
- heat a pan.
- add oil and add butter. (adding butter is optional)
- if the pan is already hot, lay down the pork steak.
- cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- my lolo's technique is too turn the sides every 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- don't over cook the steak. it will be hard as a rock!
- i used a sauce pan and heated 1 1/2 cups of water.
- i added 1 tbsp of flour and stir.
- once the miture has thickened add 2 beef cubes. stir.
- add butter! :)
- stir. it depends upon the consistency that you like to achieve. add more water if you like it viscous. add more flour if you liked it thick.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- add a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
so far the meal was great! my brothers and cousin approved of it. mom said it was yummy! even my lolo who is really hard to please said it was good! :)
yey for me!
try to make this simple course.
let me know what you think!